SMA provides staking services using our Trimble Robotic Total Stations or RTK/GPS Systems and are noted for our accuracy and efficiency. SMA surveyors excel at construction staking of any type of private or public infrastructure or improvement due to the strong engineering influence within the company.
The following is a summary of our construction staking services:
- Slope Staking—Slope stakes are for roadway earthwork and grading.
- Blue/Red Tops — Finished grade stakes are set for finished grades on roadway subgrade and base course.
- Bridge/Culvert Staking—Bridges and culverts are typically staked for line, grade, pile locations, and cutoffs.
- Utility & Curb Staking—Water lines, sanitary sewers, storm drainage, curbs, gutters and retaining walls.
- Facility Layout and Staking—This includes buildings, parking lots, common areas and ancillary structures.
- As-Constructed Surveys and Drawings - Post-constructionn surveys are performed for all utilites, structures and infrastructure for final as-builts.
Additionally, we are also experienced in providing all construction survey services for the Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico Department’s of Transportation.