Souder, Miller & Associates Wins Town of Monument General Engineering Services Award
NEWS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Souder, Miller & Associates (SMA) was awarded an on-call general engineering services contract by the Town of Monument, Colorado, during its August 2017 board meeting. These services include: providing design drawings, construction documents and project management for a variety of public works projects; GIS mapping system maintenance; subdivision plan reviews, underground utilities, drainage ponds and other drainage facility on-site inspection; water supply and planning consultation; surveying; and, construction cost estimating and bid package review. The following is a sample of similar projects SMA has recently completed in the region:
- General Engineering Services, Bayfield
- Master Drainage Plan, Bayfield
- Waterline Improvement Project, Mancos
- Local Street Design, Ignacio
- Water and Wastewater System Design, Towaoc
- Water and Wastewater Design, White Mesa
- Wastewater Improvement Recommendation, Mancos
- Foothills Drive Enhancement, Farmington
- Main Street and English Drive, Farmington
- NMDOT US Highway 62 Improvements
- Society Turn Pedestrian Underpass (CO 145) Telluride
- Galloping Goose Trail Pedestrian Underpass
- CDOT Access and Utility Permitting, Multiple Sites
Michael Pretti, P.E., who works in SMA’s Lakewood Colorado office will serve as the project manager for this effort. Pretti has 32 years of professional experience, including four years serving clients throughout Colorado.
Our team is excited for the opportunity to offer a wide variety of engineering, construction and surveying services to the town of Monument,” said Pretti. “We are very familiar with the unique challenges this area faces and will use our experience in the region to deliver top notch solutions to these challenges.
SMA’s team includes professional engineers, professional surveyors, professional geologists and hydrogeologists, soil scientists, surveyors, certified floodplain managers, environmental professionals, GIS/CAD operators, construction observers and support staff. Seven offices in New Mexico, as well as regional offices in Arizona, Colorado, Texas and Utah provide a base for more than 200 employee-owners to improve their communities.
SMA is a multi-disciplinary, employee-owned professional services firm dedicated to creating opportunities for its employees to make a positive impact in the personal and professional lives of clients and communities in the mountain west. Together, with our customers, we deliver innovative projects. Find more information at www.soudermiller.com
Chris Coon, Marketing Manager